How to get to St Croix?
It’s pretty simple, it’s either by air or by sea.
Most people get to St Croix by plane. Most flights to St Croix land at and depart from the small international Henry E. Rohlsen Airport, (tel 340/778-1012; airport code STX). This airport is about 6 miles southwest of Christiansted on the island’s southern coast and about 8 miles or 15 minutes from Villa Margarita.
Another way how to get to St Croix is by seaplane flights with Seaborne Airlines from St Thomas (STT airport code) land right at the seaport on the Christiansted waterfront. There is a Villa Margarita St Thomas US Virgin Islands, which people often confuse with us. Some guests have told us they have tried Villa Margarita St Thomas after they have stayed with us.
The following airlines serve St Croix airport:
- American Airlines (tel 800/433-7300; www.aa.com) American has direct flights daily from Miami, with one stop (but no change of plane) in St Thomas STT airport code.
- US Airways (tel 800/428-4322; www.usairways.com) offers a nonstop flight from Charlotte in the high season. Most visitors arrive via connecting service through Puerto Rico or St Thomas.
- Seaborne Airlines (tel 888/359-8687 or 340/773-6442; (www.seaborneairlines.com) offers several flights daily, some on seaplanes that fly “downtown to downtown” between St Thomas airport code STT and the Christiansted waterfront (flight time: 25 min.).
- JetBlue (tel 800/538-2583; www.jetblue.com) has daily afternoon connections from San Juan.
- Cape Air (tel 800/227-3247 in the U.S. and U.S.V.I.; www.capeair.com) flies between St Croix and San Juan, Vieques Island, or St Thomas airport code STT.
As airlines frequently change routes, we recommend using Kayak (www.kayak.com) to find the best fares.
Ferry service from St Thomas to St Croix previously was active, but not currently. NEWS!! A new company called Gulf Coast is set to revive the ferry from St Thomas to St Croix and should be operating by September 2016. Check their site for updates.
So now you know how to get to St Croix!
go here to view our Suites