Welcome to Paradise!
Villa Margarita is your own private piece of paradise! Our award-winning luxury beachfront villa located in the exclusive and pristine Estate Salt River nature zone on St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands, a unspoiled and lush tropical environment emanating tranquility and overwhelming your senses.
Surrounded by large palm trees gently swaying in the soothing trade winds, you’ll quickly enter the peaceful, relaxed Caribbean world you’ve always dreamed about.
Take a few steps to your own private beach and be amazed by the crystal-clear turquoise and emerald water. Hunting for shells and kayaking are ideal at the coral beach in front of our villa, while swimming and snorkeling can be done at the white sandy beach right next door. Splash around in our fresh-water swimming pool, sunbathe on the spacious deck, or curl up with a good book in a hammock under a palm.
Villa Margarita is literally minutes from the best St. Croix dive sites, including the famous “The Wall”, and the nearby marina offers a wealth of activities from boat tours, fishing charters, diving, sailing, and mangrove kayaking.
Secluded for intimacy and privacy, yet minutes away from local restaurants, entertainment, and the charming old Danish town of Christiansted, Villa Margarita is the perfect recipe for your perfect holiday!
Rated “Best in St. Croix”
Don’t gamble with your vacation. We work hard to make every guest’s holiday truly memorable, and our #1 ranking and 100% “Excellent” reviews prove it. Read here why hundreds of guests say we created their perfect vacation.
Everyone comes to the Caribbean for fantastic weather and incredible views. That’s why every suite at Villa Margarita offers truly-breathtaking 180° ocean views.
We are the only beachfront villa guesthouse in St. Croix where every suite offers a 180° seaview only 30 yards from the ocean.
Each suite is self-contained for your privacy, with its own bath, balcony, and kitchenette for all your basic cooking needs. You can also rent the whole villa. ….. ….. ….. …………. . … … … … .. ….
Take a few steps to our private beach and immerse yourself in warm, crystal-clear turquoise and emerald water. We have a coral and rock beach good for snorkeling and kayaking, and for swimming you have free access to the sandy beach next door.
We are uniquely located less than 1/2 mile from the Salt River Estate, a protected natural park boasting an incredible bioluminescent bay, one of only 7 in the Caribbean. One more reason St Croix is the best island in the US Virgin Islands!
After the beach, refresh yourself with a dip in our fresh-water pool. Swim, float, relax, dream. . . .
Sun worshippers can lounge carefree on the spacious deck, others can find shelter under lush palm trees around the pool and dining area. The constant tropical breezes keep Villa Margarita cool and comfortable year-round, and our casual tropical ambiance is certain to soothe your body and your soul.
Outdoor dining and Tiki Bar
Enjoy outdoor dining on your private balcony, or at the pool & dining area. Cook up your “big catch” of the day on the grill, mix your favorite drinks at the Tiki Bar, and entertain for hours in relaxed comfort. Villa Margarita’s spacious layout is designed for enjoying time with friends and family in a heavenly tropical setting.
Spend special evenings stargazing in the jacuzzi, listening to breaking waves and exotic birds. Villa Margarita’s private location ensures no noise or traffic will encroach on the idyllic natural setting you came for.
Stay in touch as you please with family, friends or colleagues. Villa Margarita features its own cellular booster (many places on St. Croix have either weak or no signal), complimentary wireless WiFi internet and free telephone calls to the US, which some guests find ideal for remote-working and extended “workations”.
The Villa is an ideal location for corporate retreats & team-building, weddings, reunions, and honeymoons with St. Croix’s natural beauty guaranteeing an unforgettable experience.
Venturing out for fun is easy and convenient. The marina is only 3 minutes away, offering a range of activities including boat tours, fishing charters, diving, sailing, and mangrove kayaking.
There is also a range of bars, restaurants, pristine beaches, and diving on the North Shore / Cane Bay only 8-10 minutes away. And within 20 minutes you’re in downtown Christiansted, a quaint 300-year-old Danish town full of shops, restaurants, cultural attractions and entertainment.
We’re happy to provide the latest advice on what to do. Here is a list of activities popular with our guests:
- Eat@Cane Bay: a favorite of many, with beach views of Cane Bay and a menu ranging from build-your-own-burger to gourmet daily specials, food shot appetizers, and custom tropical drinks. Watch for the reggae brunch on Sundays!
- Off the Wall: Casual dining and pizza overlooking Cane Bay and island sunsets.
- The Waves at Cane Bay: Romantic seaside dining with spectacular sunsets and fresh-from-the-sea lobster.
- Rowdy Joe’s: A favorite of North Shore locals. Daily gourmet dinner specials, sandwiches, fish tacos, and homemade ice cream. Watch for live music in the evenings.
- Blues Backyard BBQ & Grill: Excellent BBQ, open air bar with a picnic area and live blues.
- La Reine Chicken Shack: Local BBQ chicken, pork, fish and more. Don’t miss the johnny cakes!
- Angry Nate’s: our favorite on the Christiansted boardwalk. Perfect for lunch after a Buck Island trip.
- Fort Christian Brew Pub: local made brews and burgers on the Christiansted boardwalk
- Savant: fine modern island dining in an intimate courtyard near Fort Christiansvaern
- Duggan’s Reef: an island classic on the East End famed for lobster and oceanside views.
- Polly’s at the Pier: lively coffeehouse on the Strand in Frederiksted
- Rose’s Dream Cuisine: outstanding Caribbean specialties in Frederiksted. Try the conch!
- Directly to the left of Villa Margarita is Gentle Winds’ white sand beach, providing a protected swimming area and snorkeling.
- The island offers dozens of unique beach experiences – from the hike to remote East End Jack and Isaac’s Bay, snorkeling at nearby North Shore Cane Bay and Davis Bay, relaxation at Mermaid Beach, to exploring the azure West End waters of Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge (limited hours for turtle protection) or Rainbow Beach Club.
Snorkeling & Scuba
- Diving: St. Croix is renowned for its world-class dive sites, including The Wall, dropping from 40 to over 3000 feet off of the North Shore. Try Cane Bay Dive Shop, St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures, and N2 The Blue. On St. Croix you can dive a wall, a reef, a wreck and a pier in one day!
- Snorkeling: A trip to Buck Island Underwater National Monument is an absolute must. 1.5 miles off the St. Croix coast, the monument includes a pristine “desert island” beach and 4,554 of acres of protected reef. Big Beard’s Adventures and others offer daily trips and sailing trips to the island. Also try Cane Bay, the Frederiksted Pier (each pier column is crusted with colorful coral and sea life).
Watersports, Sailing, and Fishing
- Kayaking: Kayak the protected mangrove of Salt River Bay National Park, right next to Villa Margarita. Use our kayaks for free or call Anchor Dive Center for guided tours & hourly rentals. If the moon is full, don’t miss a sunset bioluminescent bay kayak tour in Salt River – a rare natural phenomenon where micro-organisms light up the water around you! Sea Thru Kayaks, and Caribbean Adventure tours all offer bioluminescent tours as well as other excursions around the island.
- Sailing: St. Croix’s numerous marinas offer sailing charters, catamaran trips to Buck Island, and sunset tours.
- Stand up Paddle: Freedom City Surf Shop in Frederiksted offers a great SUP experience over crystal waters. Try it!
- Kite Surfing: try Kite St. Croix for lessons and rentals on the East End
Tide Pools: an adventurous two mile hike from the Carambola resort on the North Shore, take a dip in blue water tide pools.
- Jet Ski Rentals: at West End Water Sports at Rainbow Beach in Frederiksted.
- Sport Fishing: St. Croix is surrounded by deep water providing sport fishing opportunities for wahoo, mahi, and tuna on full and half-day charters with local experts.
Tours, Gardens, Horseback, and History
- St. Croix offers an array of historical, eco, and botanical tours. Explore the 18th century forts in Christiansted and Frederiksted, St. George plantation and botanical garden, Point Udall (the eastern-most point of the U.S.), Ridge to Reef Organic Farm, and the St. Croix Heritage Trail.
- For a more adventurous experience, check out BushTribe Eco Adventures and Hikes, Tan Tan Jeep Tours, or Gecko’s Island ATV Adventures.
- Horseback riding is a part of St. Croix’s past and present – you still see locals riding bareback on the roadside. Cruzan Cowgirls and Paul & Jill’s Stables provide full equestrian experience in the forest, hills, and beaches on the West End. For a shorter beach ride at Cane Bay, try HorsebackRidingSt.Croix.
- Cruzan Rum Tour: Cruzan has been distilling on the island since 1760. Check out the distillery operations, enjoy the open air tasting room, and pick up discounted bottles packaged for the trip home.
- Shop historic Christiansted’s Strand Street and boardwalk area for boutiques, galleries, and jewelry stores in historic colonial buildings. Frederiksted also offers a shopping experience on the historic waterfront.
- Golfers love St. Croix for its three courses, including pristine Caribbean views: the Buccaneer Golf Club, The Reef Golf Course, and the four-star Carambola Golf Club designed by Robert Trent Jones.
- For a luxurious spa treatment, contact the Renaissance Carambola Spa on the North Shore, Buccaneer Hideaway Spa and Renatum in Christiansted, or have the spa come to you from St. Croix Beach Massage.