Sleeps 2. 1 bedroom. 1 bath.
St Croix Honeymoon Cottage
Villa Margarita is very popular with newlyweds but fills quickly.
So when we’re all booked, we often send newlyweds to the St. Croix Honeymoon Cottage. This property is among the most romantic St. Croix honeymoon packages on offer. An absolutely stunning location perched on a plateau into the ocean, it’s effectively your very own private island! If you’re looking for something above and beyond, this Cottage is it! Even the best St. Croix honeymoon resorts all-inclusive packages can’t beat the privacy of this honeymoon cottage.
The St. Croix Honeymoon Cottage stands out against the horizon, atop a rocky peninsula, surrounded by the blue Caribbean on three sides. Watch whales, dolphins, and distant ships navigate the waters beyond the cliffs as crashing waves become a soothing vacation soundtrack.
The Honeymoon Cottage is a two-person, 700 square foot getaway that is comfortably furnished and modern. High ceilings and vast windows welcome the cooling, salty, fresh ocean breeze. One and a half bathrooms and a gloriously comfortable queen bed, plus air conditioning, a fully equipped and sized kitchen, television, WiFi and even the added security of a locked gate are all part of the total amenity package at The Honeymoon Cottage.
Total seclusion and utmost privacy are without a doubt among the shining qualities of The Honeymoon Cottage, though come in a distant second place to the spectacular 270-degree ocean view that the peninsula offers. It’s a top choice among St. Croix honeymoon packages. Well-located and only a few minutes drive to some of the best East End attractions. Fine dining at the Galleon or Duggan’s Reef is not much further, and historic downtown Christiansted is only 20 minutes away.
This Honeymoon Cottage stands out from other St. Croix honeymoon resorts and creates a simply unforgettable romantic ambiance for two people in love and wanting to share the world together!
Included with your stay is unlimited rides on the St. Croix to St. Thomas ferry, and access to a first-class gym facility. So you might want to think about flying into St. Thomas and taking the ferry to St. Croix. The flights may be more convenient and a better value. Now that’s among the best St Croix honeymoon packages you’ll ever find!`
The property is gated with onsite parking and an electric car charging station.
You can find this incredible St Croix honeymoon cottage listed on AirBnB in 2023, and ask for Reginald, its amazing host.
Why are St. Croix Honeymoons & Beach Weddings So Amazing?
With its pristine nature, rare unspoiled Caribbean environment, relaxed vibe and plenty of privacy, St. Croix stands out as a top choice for newlyweds.
Wherever you stay, at Villa Margarita, The St. Croix Honeymoon Cottage, or the Buccaneer (for people with $10k to spend) St. Croix offers the perfect start for people in love beginning life’s journey together 💞
Watch this video to learn why!
Map and Directions to St Croix Honeymoon Cottage
Here are driving directions to the The Honeymoon Cottage. Click on map to open in Google Maps.
- Grapetree Bay Hotel — view Sea Terrace menu (pdf)
- Starlite Bar and Grille
- The Far East Restaurant at Grapetree Bay Hotel
- St. Croix Yacht Club — view menu (pdf)
- Duggan’s Reef — view menu (pdf)
- Savant Tel: 340-713-8666 — View Savant menu St Croix (pdf)
- Galangal Tel: 340-773-0076 — View menu (pdf)
- Brew STX Tel: 340-719-6339 — View menu (pdf)
- The Mill Boardwalk Bar Brick Oven Pizza Tel: 340-643-6455 — View menu (pdf)
Nearby things to do
- Divi Carina Resort and Casino
- Grapetree Beach
- Issac’s Bay beach
- Auto Rental — Olympic Rent-A-Car Tel: 340-718-3000
- Boating — Fishwater Charters VI Tel: (704) 641-5512 — view boat charter prices (pdf)
- Fishing — Hook and Sun Fishing Charters Tel: 340-244-1335 — View charter rates (pdf)
- Golf — The Reef Golf Course Tel: 340-773-8844 or Buccaneer Golf Course Tel: 340-712-2100
- Grocery/Convenience Store — Ziggy’s Island Market Tel: 340-773-8382
- Horseback Riding Equus Rides Tel: 340-201-1189 — View rates (pdf)
Videos of St. Croix Honeymoon Cottage
The Perfect St. Croix Honeymoon Itinery
Here’s a great resource if you’re trying to plan your St. Croix honeymoon. We’ll summarize it briefly here:
St. Croix Honeymoon Itinerary 1: Romantic Things to Do
- Day 1. Sunset Sail in St Croix: St Croix is the most incredible place for a romantic sunset sail. The island is quiet and the air is warm, making it the perfect place to unwind with your loved one. As you watch the sun dip below the horizon, you’ll be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of St Croix. The experience is truly unforgettable, and it’s an ideal way to spend an evening with your partner. A sunset sail is a perfect way to start or end your St Croix honeymoon!
- Day 2. Point Udall + Isaac’s Bay and Cane Bay Beach
- Day 3. Buck Island Reef National Monument: Buck Island Reef National Monument is a protected island and reef off the coast of St Croix. It is home to Turtle Beach, one of the most beautiful and romantic beaches in the Caribbean. The white sand and crystal clear water paired with the serenity of an empty island will have you feeling alone in the middle of the Caribbean sea.
- Day 4: Explore Christiansted: Christiansted is the main town in St Croix and has a boardwalk filled with open-air beach bars, local shopping for souvenirs, and fine dining. If you want to explore the history of St Croix, go to Fort Christiansvaern, the Danish Custom House, or the Steeple Building.
- Day 5: Explore Frederiksted: This is the smaller city in St Croix on the West side of the island. It’s quieter than Christiansted and has shopping, dining, and history to explore. Home to one of the most beautiful and popular beaches in St Croix: Rainbow Beach. It might be a bit more crowded, you’re sure to have a nice time. Try Rhythm’s at Rainbow Beach for music and a classic St Croix rum runner with stunning views of the ocean. Or snorkeling at Fredriksted pier with its amazing populations of colorful fishes, turtles, and manta rays
St Croix Honeymoon Itinerary 2: Adventurous Things to Do
- Day 1. Buck Island Reef National Monument:
Buck Island Reef National Monument is a world-class snorkeling destination located off the coast of St Croix. There is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and a protected coral reef that full of marine life. This is is a must-see for any snorkeler or diver and is sure to be an unforgettable part of your St Croix honeymoon.
- Day 2 and 3. Diving in St Croix: St Croix is a divers paradise, and the only place you can dive into the Caribbean’s largest living reef at Reef Beach, dive a pier at night, and scale a 13,000 wall in Cane Bay. The island’s reefs are teeming with colorful fish, and there are a variety of wrecks to dive and caves to explore. Here’s your St. Croix dive site map.
- Day 4 Beach Hop and Snorkel Tour: Watch the sunrise at Point Udall – the Easternmost point of the US. Then pick a favorite beach nearby (Isaacs Bay Beach and Cramer Park Beach), to go for walk along the shore. Then go snorkeling and explore the coral reefs and many fish.
- Day 5 Explore Christiansted and Frederiksted: Explore the 2 main towns on the island of St Croix. Christiansted, the island’s capital, is a popular due to its well-preserved 18th-century architecture. There are of museums, restaurants and bars in Christiansted, and it’s a great place to enjoy a meal or drink while watching the sunset. Frederiksted is known for its pier, Rainbow Beach, quiet museums, plus shops and restaurants. Take a Frederiksted tour and explore it’s rich history.
Here is also another view on The Ultimate St Croix Honeymoon USVI (pdf)
Our Pinterest collection
St. Croix Honeymoon Planners & Photographers
If you’d like some help in planning a wedding or honeymoon, here are some useful resources. They can assist you in everything from a turn-key wedding, to negotiating good rates on St. Croix honeymoon packages and honeymoon resorts.
STX Weddings: planners for St. Croix Weddings and Honeymoons
STX Weddings is a full-service wedding planning and design company who can help you down to every last detail. As a wedding and event expert, founder, Corinne Farinola, and her team at STX Weddings specialize in creating extraordinary occasions. With more than ten years of experience in the industry, Corinne provides the expertise needed to make your dream occasion a reality. Offering a range of services from intimate affairs to large, custom weddings or events, STX Weddings has the perfect St. Croix honeymoon packages for every occasion.
“It’s not about taking the perfect photo in the perfect pose at the most perfect location. It’s all about capturing two people in their element – capturing how they felt at the time and telling the truth through the image. Yes, it can be fun and beautiful, or maybe a little messy and out of focus – but those are the moments that mean the most. It’s pretty freakin’ cool to be able to freeze that split second in time when everything felt good or happy or crazy or sad. Whatever it is, I aim for my photos to just tell the truth.”
Amazon book on St. Croix Honeymoon Resorts
EllenTube: St. Croix Honeymoon Surprise
St Croix Honeymoon and Wedding videos
St. Croix Honeymoon FAQs (frequently asked questions)
Is St. Croix a nice place for a honeymoon in 2023?
Absolutely! St Croix USVI is a top destination for honeymoons and newlyweds. It combines everything you’d expect for that “perfect time”: incredible weather, white sandy beaches, sun, privacy, romance, great food, quiet times together, tons of activities, horseback riding, scuba diving, kite sailing, snorkeling, hiking, etc.
What are the best St. Croix honeymoon resorts in 2023?
If you’re not staying at Villa Margarita or the Honeymoon Cottage, then the best St Croix honeymoon resorts are: The Buccaneer, Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort, Carambola Beach Resort, and Palms at Pelican Cove. These resort offer newlyweds the full range of expected services in different price ranges. On-site weddings can also be arranged.
Where can I find the best St. Croix honeymoon packages in 2023?
Hete are top all-inclusive packages for St. Croix honeymoons and weddings:
- Buccaneer St Croix Honeymoon Packages and Buccaneer Honeymoon Registry
- Tamarind Reef Resort St. Croix Honeymoon Packages
- Divi St Croix all inclusive honeymoon packages
- Carambola St Croix all inclusive weddings
Which is better for a honeymoon, St. Croix or St. Thomas in 2023?
This is a popular question many newlyweds ask, and we found a good summary discussing the pros and cons of each island: Is St Thomas or St Croix best for a honeymoon?
In general, if you’re looking for more up-scale shopping, a larger selection of restaurants and more all-inclusive honeymoon resorts, St. Thomas is perhaps the choice. Alternatively, if you prefer less crowds, more nature and scenic places to explore, and better diving, then St. Croix is definitely the better choice.
What’s the best time for a Honeymoon in St. Croix?
January-May is the best time to Honeymoon in St. Croix.
You won’t hit the holiday crowds in December, and you won’t run into the rainy season, which officially starts June 1. In April/May, make sure you stay away from Easter and Spring Break when the island might be more crowded.
However, even during busier seasons, St Croix is large enough that you’ll still be able to find hidden oases off the beaten path.
St. Croix Honeymoon Cottage Amenities
Bedroom and laundry
Towels, bed sheets, soap, and toilet paper
TV with standard cable
Pack ’n play/Travel crib
Heating and cooling
AC – split type ductless system
Carbon monoxide alarm
Internet and office
In a common space
Kitchen and dining
Space where guests can cook their own meals
Pots and pans, oil, salt and pepper
Dishes and silverware
Bowls, chopsticks, plates, cups, etc.
Separate street or building entrance
An open space on the property usually covered in grass
Beach towels, umbrella, beach blanket, snorkeling gear
Parking and facilities
Free parking on premises
Long term stays allowed
Allow stay for 28 days or more
2 guests maximum
Check-in after 4:00 PM
Checkout before 11:00 AM
No parties or events
Reviews of The Honeymoon Cottage St Croix on Airbnb
- March 2023
- January 2023
- November 2022
The location is beautiful! Hard to find because the address provided didn’t take you to the house it takes your somewhere else. The house is run off a generator so we tried to be conscious of what was running.
- October 2022
Incredible location with views and privacy as described – 10/10 would return and recommend! The location is isolated from food/groceries so having a car is probably ideal, especially for stays more than a few days.
- September 2022
I have never seen a host more deserving of 500 stars, not just 5. Reginald went above and beyond to make our stay perfect, even met us at the restaurant to say hello and gave us some local fishing tips. He answered all our questions about the island and took care of a lot of the details for us. We can’t wait to return and stay with friends at another one of his properties. Seriously would never want to stay in a property he isn’t hosting! Thank you again sir! As for the honeymoon cottage I was sure the pictures were just great pictures and didn’t expect it to be this secluded or beautiful. You really are on this cliff all alone. We came for our honeymoon that we didn’t take 20 years ago and it was romantic and beautiful. We now plan to retire at St Croix.
- September 2022
We spent our Honeymoon here. The water hitting against the cliff sides, the lovely pool and the star-gazing was unlike anything we’ve ever seen.
The “cherry on top” was the host. Reginald went above and beyond to ensure our stay was great. We stayed during Tropical Storm Fiona and the cottage was SUPER sturdy. We felt safe the entire time and Reggie was very communicative with our questions!
Side note: The stay includes a $100 restaurant voucher to 1 of 3 local restaurants (read the print at the bottom of the booking!) Also, recommend renting a Jeep for the Island, getting around the bumpy roads was much more navigable!
- August 2022
- July 2022
The Honeymoon Cottage is the perfect getaway. You feel like you’re on an island all on your own. The views from the cottage were amazing from stargazing at night to watching turtles swim by. There are many great secluded beaches nearby to relax on. Whenever we had any questions Reginald was quick to answer. We had a great stay celebrating our 25th anniversary!
- July 2022
Villa was extremely clean, dipping pool was enjoyable. The breeze is strong and the house was generally cool due to the breezes allowing one to open up Vs using AC . Bed was comfortable. the couches were nice and set up nicely to enjoy the view from the sliding doors Glasses, plates, pots and pans were provided. If your planning on cooking a lot you will have to pick up essentials as Salt/Pepper/etc wernt provided
there’s a nice beach walking right outside the door to the east, with a good spot to throw a blanket down and have a cup of coffee or beverage of your choice (its about a 1/4 mi walk – look for the palm trees)
We didnt get any odor from the Sargassum (there was a lot less here than at the Divi or on the East ead over by Duggans)
If you’re looking for seclusion, yet not being too far from town this is a great optionShow more
- June 2022
- June 2022
The Honeymoon Cottage is a great place to stay at in St. Croix! We loved the location! It was so nice being able to sit outside and enjoy listening to the waves crashing against the rocks. So relaxing! We also enjoyed the privacy and space it gave us.
We couldn’t have asked for a better host. Reginald did a great job of communicating with us during our trip. He was always available if we needed anything, and he always made sure to check on us to see how it was going.
We enjoyed our stay at The Honeymoon Cottage, and we would love to come back again some day!
- June 2022
- March 2022
The house has a truly amazing one of a kind view and came with many small details such as fresh pastries, a bottle of rum, nice bath towels, beach towels, quality bathrobes, laundry and dish soap and a well equipped kitchen. The bed was comfy and the house was clean. However, the home is probably overdue for a bit of TLC – broken furniture, missing pictures on the walls and a few minor things not working. Overall, we had no real complaints about the house. The lower than expected rating is mostly due to the extreme remote location of the home and the wind which made the beautiful rear patio simply unusable. Due to the wind, the pool was too cold to use even though it was 83 degrees and sunny every day. The outside chase lounge chairs were broken leaving nothing to sit on outside. Anything not tied down would blow away. Unfortunately, we ended up spending most of our vacation elsewhere on the island
Read more details of the St. Croix Honeymoon cottage here (pdf)
More photos on the Best St. Croix Honeymoon packages, Resorts and Beach Weddings
go to St Croix aiport page
Looking for St. Croix jeep rentals?
Click here for the Best St. Croix Villa Rentals
Need to know Where is St. Croix?
Are you asking do I need a passport to go to Virgin Islands?